Thursday, November 18, 2010

PURRRRR-FECT PROGRAMMING



It seems my home cat Biscuit is as enamored of the November New Beverly Cinema schedule as I am. Just wait till she hears about that Christmas Godfather celebration, plus the Penn, Godard, Rudolph, Refn and Tartovsky bills already locked in for December. But of course she’s most interested in this Saturday night’s midnight movie:


I have been instructed to request a triple bill of The Cat from Outer Space, That Darn Cat! (the original) and Cat’s Eye for early 2011, otherwise apparently my soul will be sucked out through my mouth some night soon while I’m fast asleep.

*****************************************

7 comments:

Gareth said...

Biscuit has excellent taste: The Cat from Outer Space was the first film I ever saw in a theatre...

Peter Nellhaus said...

Kuroneko is getting a theatrical re-release in the U.S. While Biscuit might not be welcomed to the theater, I'm sure this is a film you'll find of interest. I wish the Japanese ghost cat movies from the 50s were easily available in subtitled DVDs.

Maybe Biscuit will settle for some Zatoichi movies starring Shintaro KATsu.

Bob Westal said...

Or perhaps movies directed by Federico Feline-ey.

John Damer said...

Cute post. As someone who loves movies and cats I apreciate it.

Uncle Gustav said...

Of course the bill will be called "Pussy Galore."

The Mysterious Ad[ri.an B)e;ta]m.a.x. said...

Kuroneko is playing at the NuArt right now.

The Mysterious Ad[ri.an B)e;ta]m.a.x. said...

Its English title is "Black Cat"