Wednesday, February 28, 2007

ONE TWO THREE! Go! Coming This Weekend: The BILLY WILDER BLOG-A-THON at FILMSCREED

Hot on the heels of Jim Emerson's supercalifragilistic Contrarian Blog-a-Thon, easily the most wide-ranging and sheer fun blog-a-thon yet to come down the pike, Jim raised some fascinating questions re the blog-a-thon phenomenon, its origins, intentions and future. These questions deserve attention, and it is my intention to devote some of mine to those questions this week (Frankly, the Oscars burnt me out a little bit, and I needed a little break!) But until then, Jeff Duncanson has some more fun in store for voracious cinephiles in a couple of days. It's the weekend long Billy Wilder Blog-a-Thon, the epcienter of which is Jeff's keen blog Filmscreed. This will be a grand opportunity to put forth your two cents about this celebrated and irasicible writer-director, or just sit back, collect site bookmarks and set yourself up for what promises to be a ton of excellent reading on the subject. I had hoped to find a copy of Buddy, Buddy-- the effects of the Contrarian Blog-a-Thon are obviously still rippling through my system--but I was unsuccessful, so I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll be contributing. But whether I do or don't matters not-- Jeff's sure to be hosting a snazzy cocktail party of sharp observations about an oeuvre that is always interesting to hash over. Don't forget: The Billy Wilder Blog-a-Thon this coming weekend, March 1-4, at Filmscreed! See you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I usually saw Wilder's films theatrically. I didn't orginally see Buddy, Buddy because of the bad reviews. For me, the only reason to see the film is if you're a Wilder completist, is I am. I look forward to the b.a.t.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this might be a blogathon that I feel comfortable participating in! I have never done one before, but I ought to be able to come up with a few things to say about Wilder.