Sunday, February 20, 2005

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?


Thanks to faithful reader and excellent friend Andy for reminding me of something that should have been painfully obvious-- there's just no excuse for not finding a place for Claudia Cardinale in the divinely inspired chain linking classic beauty Sophia Loren to stunning newcomer Eva Mendes. I mean, not only did I make observation regarding her ultimate loveliness that I stated in the previous post, but she's also immortalized in the masthead of this very blog site, for crying out loud. Along with his reminder, Andy was kind enough to link me to two superb shots of Ms. Cardinale at the peak of her popularity in the mid '60s, the most electrifying of which is posted below. He also confirms the celestial nature of this triple (now quadruple) feature of movie goddesses with this spot-on observation that he left in the comments section last night:

"Ya know, the Great Set Designer, or Big Blue Dodger in the Sky, or the world's most Positive Thinker, or whatever you wanna call him, he's just messin' with us, letting our scientists think they can clone something. Clearly, he's been doing it all along."

I couldn't have said it better, nor did I.

Please feel free to place Claudia right between Sophia and Raquel on this timeline of tempestuous and awe-inspiring cinematic beauty. And Claudia, if you'd forgive me my oversight, why, I might even sit through Fitzcarraldo again.


What the hell was I thinking?

No comments: