Tuesday, February 08, 2005

AND EWAN BLOWS A KISS TOO


Her favorite films are Trainspotting, West Side Story, Wings of Desire and Sleeper, among many others.

She would move heaven and earth to say hello to Ewan MacGregor.

Her iPod holds almost the entire collected works of U2, Radiohead, Tom Waits and Elvis Costello, as well as a most eclectic selection of a breadth of other artists.

She would move heaven and earth to say hello to Bono.

She has an amazing capacity for love and generosity, which my daughters and I benefit from daily.

She's the smartest person I know, in every way.

She's the most beautiful person I know, in every way.

She would move heaven and earth to give our daughters all the love we could possibly need.

And she does so daily.

She would move heaven and earth to give me all the love I could possibly need.

And she does so daily.

And yet she has no realistic handle on just how important she is, how loved she is, how special she is, how irreplaceable she is.

Is that her fault or ours?

I know that her answer to that question is the incorrect one.

I know that there is no else like her.

And I know that I'd be a wisp of smoke without her.

Happy birthday, my precious Patty.

I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is the sweetest thing I ever did read. Wish I could write something that nice--and of course it's all true! Happy birthday, Patty! Bruce

Anonymous said...

Dennis, thanks for making me cry like a baby at work!

Happy Birthday, Patty. You are one lucky, lucky woman.

Anonymous said...

Damn! Forgot to sign my post again!

~ Sharon

Cruzbomb said...

Damn it, Dennis! I wrote all those things to you in that love letter and you turn around and claim you wrote it! Oh, how you toy with my emotions. Seriously, this Patty girl is truly the hallmark of beauty, isn't she?

Dennis Cozzalio said...

Cruzbomb: Although I did once write those comments to you, our tumultous history makes me feel I have am within my rights to refigure them for Patty. And yes, I certainly agree with your last sentence!