Sunday, January 09, 2005

MAMMUNIA


Patty and I went out a movie this afternoon, and I didn't bring anything but my hat. Paul McCartney certainly didn't say it best, and he didn't say it first either, but for some reason I'm reminded of this song today:

So the next time you see rain, it ain't bad
Don't complain, it rains for you
The next time you see L.A. rainclouds
Don't complain, it rains for you and me

So lay down your umbrellas
Strip off your plastic macs
You've never felt the rain my friend
Till you've felt it running down your back

2 comments:

Bruce Lundy said...

Your crazy weather (including, this morning, a tornado warning in Ventura county!) has been all over the news in the bay area, and I've been keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. Of course, I know how they like to make any inclement weather seem like the end of the world, but I also know how a lot of people drive in L.A. (and here, for that matter) when it rains: they try to drive as fast as possible to get where they're going. We transplanted Oregonians know better, eh? Anyway, glad you're enjoying the rain.

Thom McGregor said...

Bruce, I think I'm almost getting used to the nonstop rain. Almost. I just hate getting wet. But I love the fact that it makes Dennis so happy. I'm actually looking forward to Wednesday, when, according to Dallas Raines's Doppler 7000-plus (!), it's to be in the upper 60s and partly sunny! But I mourn for Dennis. But then spring training is just around the corner. Ugh!