Sunday, September 14, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008 COSTUME TRYOUT


My daughter has worn lots of different costumes for Halloween in her eight years. She's been a moo-cow, Mulan (Disney version), Belle (Disney version), Pocahontas (Disney version), Violet Incredible (Disney version), and last year she garnered rave reviews as a Queen (of All She Surveys). But this year, sensing that she'd already sipped a bit too deeply from the Disney princess well, and royalty in general, she has decided to tread paths unknown and try out lots of different ideas. The one she came up with tonight really moved me...


I hoping she goes with this one. It's a safe bet no one on our block will be trick-or-treating houses dressed as Martin Balsam from The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3...

4 comments:

bill r. said...

You should tell her to pretend she has a cold, too. Give her a box of tissues to carry around, or something.

Elvis McFatPants said...

Miss Green is quite cute. You'll just need to get the overcoat, hat and fully automatic Smith & Wesson M76 to complete the costume.

Anonymous said...

Haha! That Emma is a chip off the old block, as they say. Is that a U2 t-shirt she's wearing?

For some reason, that reminds me of the time I convinced my little sister Laura to dress as Regan MacNeil from THE EXORCIST, with a nightgown and my best attempt at imitating Dick Smith's possession makeup (I can't remember whether I actually had her carry a crucifix, but I like to think I had more sense even then). She was about 11, I was about 15--and younger couples who answered the door were particularly amused/horrified: "look, honey, it's the little girl from THE EXORCIST."

Good thing you have more sense.

Anonymous said...

Cool costume. Halloween gifts ideas