Friday, August 03, 2007

THE AGONY OF DEFEAT II: AGONY HARDER

Move over, Vinko Bogataj…



Meet Jake Brown.



X-Games, Schmex-Games. I’ll stick to fishing. Or the Turner Classic Movies edition of Scene It?

UPDATE 8/4/07: According to the L.A. Daily News, Brown remains in the hospital after suffering a stress fracture in his vertebrae, a fracture on the top of his hand, a concussion and contusions of his liver and a lung. And even though he was attended to by qualified emergency personnel, no one apparently thought it was necessary to stabilize him and put him on a stretcher for his exit from the arena. Get carried out, dude? No way! How X-treme would that be? Better to make a show of resilience by walking out, I guess, even though it was yet to have been determined that his vertebrae had been damaged.

2 comments:

Greg said...

My back hurts after bringing in the groceries. I can't even imagine what that guy's going to wake up feeling in twenty years.

Anonymous said...

Didn't I see somewhere that he showed up either later that day or the next with a cast on his hand and nothing more? Correct me if I am mistaken.