Saturday, April 30, 2005

I WALK THE BLOGLINE


If you scroll down and take a quick look, you'll notice a new addition to the Sergio Leone and the Infield Fly Rule sidebar located just below the hit counter. It's a button that says "Sub Bloglines." Click it and you'll be taken to a web site for Bloglines.com, which is a free service that allows you to "subscribe" to a list of blogs (hopefully SLIFR will be one of them). Once you compile your subscription list, you can click on a button that shows you which of the blogs you read regularly that has posted something new you haven't yet read. The service also offers programs you can download that will create pop-on messages, much like those indicating the arrival of a new e-mail, to alert you when your favorite blog is featuring a new post, and many other keen bells and whistles as well. My friend PSaga helped me through the basics when I signed up for the service, as I am far more computer illiterate than I have any right or excuse to be, but once she did it was clear sailing. Now I can check all my favorite blogs at a glance and add new ones (or delete old, tired ones) whenever I want. It's a terrific service that I wanted to pass along, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I already am. (Thanks, PSaga! Now, about Magnolia...)

No comments: