Tuesday, August 18, 2009

SHARING MY BIRTHDAY PRESENTS


UPDATED 8/19 9:33 a.m.

From Cathie Horlick:


It’s been a wonderful day so far. And my mom always told me to share, so here are some of my favorite online birthday gifts that I’ve received:

From Craig D. Lindsey:


A shot of Sheree North that I'm pretty sure I'll treasure forever.

From Jim Emerson:


A picture of Jim's dad's old Brownie 8mm home movie camera, an image of an image-making machine that seems so tied to another world, and also so personal-- I was really touched to receive this image, and I hope Jim doesn't mind my sharing it.

From Matthew Kiernan:



From Patrick Robbins:



From Larry Aydlette:



From Peter Nellhaus:



from Bob Turnbull:



UPDATED 8/19 9:33 a.m.:

From Kimberly Lindbergs:



Swoon...

There can be no doubt that Clarence the Angel was right when he wrote to George Bailey, "Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."

****************************************

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday, Dennis!

The Driveindude said...

That's what friends are for...

le0pard13 said...

Is it today? Happy Birthday, Dennis.

Don Mancini said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. C!

xo
The Fonz

Kimberly Lindbergs said...

Happy belated birthday, Dennis! I hope you have many happy returns.

My gift: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stNFrX91Njs

blaaagh said...

I dunno which of those presents is the best, but I'm leaning toward the cheesecake photo of Sheree North! Jeez, I don't think I've ever seen her that way...and of course she will always have a special place in memory since she was such a sweet customer at the first bookstore I worked at in Santa Monica. What a cool lady she was. Happy Birthday again!--good to know you have so many friends who appreciate you as I do.

Joe Dante said...

Oops!

I'm sooo late!

Happy Birthday, Dennis, and thanx for all the cool coverage!

Cat said...

Hope you had a fantastic Birthday and I'm glad you liked the picture! Keep the celebration going as long as you can! yup!

Matt Zoller Seitz said...

Happy Birthday, Dennis, you thing from another world, you.